1 .Name: Dhaval Parab
2. Stage Name: -D'EVIL
3. Skill: -Rapping, Basic production (making instrumentals).
4. What are your associations/Event Organizers, clubs?
-Well i am just associated with my Crew – Munky Rhymz and independently perform in colleges and sometimes Clubs
5. How and when did you get started in emceeing?
-Since school I was into poetry. However the kind of vocabulary I composed and the kinda straight forward approach I had in poems, it best suited for the rap genre. Hence I took up rap music as my passion cuz I enjoyed Rapping! Also was inspired by a couple of Eminem songs and felt even I should do it myself! I started at the age of 17. Was just into writing lyrics then later learnt how to record my songs. I recorded my first rap song, then and people liked it. So I went on experimenting and then I never stopped.
6. How far do you hope the game can take you?
- Wherever the game takes me, I will always be my own judge! Sky is the limit here will keep on doing new stuff in rap and will keep improving till the time I can. I will always express myself as much as I can. Whether it takes me far or not wouldn’t be my focus. I am in this game cuz it gives me satisfaction.
7. Your current thoughts about the hip hop scene in India. Do you think there is something lacking and if so, what is it?
Well as far as the emcees here are concerned, we are lacking the culture, or maybe most of them are unaware of what it is exactly. The reason behind the evolution of rap music is something that we are not aware of. Most of the rappers here are doing this for image that they want to make for themselves. We are focusing more on comparing ourselves with other rapper in the west, the flow, accent, delivery. We should work towards creating something of our own that we can claim it as ours, and not be narrow minded about our execution in rap music. About the audience, well now we can’t say that it’s their fault, we are not able to make them relate to our stuff. We have put them in this habit of not listening to the lyrics but only the beat and nod heads. Due to lack of knowledge about the hip-hop culture, they have built a perception about this music.
8. Your current thoughts on the state of hip hop worldwide?
- Hip hop has really made its place in the music world. However, only in the limited areas. It still has to spread worldwide. Everyone in the world have their comfort zone when it comes to choice of music. Once they realize the power of this genre, it will slowly start getting absorbed by people worldwide
9. Do you think Indian hip hop has a future?
- If we really take hip hop seriously and set our own identity as Indian Rappers, then sure, we can make our own future, however, if we believe in narrow minded creation or rap music, referring to the American rappers, we would always be looked down upon.
10.Your top pick of the artist of the year (2010) internationally?
Artist of the year: Eminem for Recovery and Hell the sequel with Royce
11.Your top 5 hottest tracks right now?
A) Life in a Fast lane (Eminem and Royce)
B) Sound Off – Slaughter House
C) G.O.A.T – Eminem
D) Dr Dre – There They Go (ft. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg & Melloe Won)
E) Lighters (Hell the sequel)
12.Best rappers dead/alive? Name any 5:
5) Big L
13. Something that annoys you when you’re in a club?
Everything – the DJ playing bollywood item numbers, the club owner, people bragging about themselves, I hate everything about clubs, I am also writing a song on it. I personally don’t like to visit clubs, If I go to one, you will find me outside the club free styling or catching up with other rappers.
14. Something you’d never do in your gig
-Smoke Weed, Drink or not rehearse!!
15. Where can we catch you next?
- You can catch me anywhere. I might be in your college performing with my crew, maybe outside a club or a hip-hop party, or on the internet posting my recorded songs!
16. What can we expect from you in the near future?
I am almost done with my solo mixtape ‘’MadMan’’ also another EP with Hardknok ‘’The Unlikes EP’’ and a mixtape with my crew Munky Rhymz ‘’Rhymescheme’’ will be dropping singles in between. Also a lots of college fest shows coming up during the college festive season. Whatever I do, whatever the future of hiphop will be, You will still see me rapping and doing songs, Kicking it old school, ha ha ha ha!!
To Learn more about D’Evil, check out his FaceBook page in this LINK